MOVING GUIDELINES & TIPS
Helpful information for your move
In order to avoid stress, breakages or damage during your move, we suggest you take a few moments to read the following guidelines if you are packing any cartons yourself.
1. Pack Anything That Can Fit Into a Carton
- All cupboards and drawers should be emptied and packed into cartons.
- Clothing should be packed into a carton, not in plastic bags. Bags can break and are difficult to load into the truck. Portable wardrobes are provided for hanging clothes.
- Do not pack books or paper work into the large standard cartons, as they become too heavy for removalists and the bottom of the cartons can easily collapse.
- Plates, microwave plates, platters and glassware should be wrapped and packed in cartons that are cushioned with paper or bubblewrap.
- Glasses should be packed as they stand on a table (i.e. upright).
- Plates and bowls should be wrapped, then placed sitting on their edge.
- Use plenty of crushed paper to avoid any movement within the carton.
- Lamps, ornaments and pictures should be well wrapped and packed in a cushioned carton.
- Light bulbs should be removed from lamps.
- Knives and sharp items should be clearly labelled by writing on the outside of the carton.
4. Food and Cleaning Products
- Familiarise yourself with our list of dangerous items that should not be packed.
- Make sure any foodstuffs or cleaning products are sealed securely (eg, with tape), as they can leak and spoil furniture whilst being transported.
- Any items you donâ€™t feel confident packing, place in an open
box and transport them in your car.
- Small or loose items should be packed in a carton.
- Heavy tools should be packed in small cartons.
- Garden tools to be taped or tied together at both ends.
- Please show the removalists all outdoor items, including plants, so they know
how much room to allocate because these items often cannot be stacked in the truck.
- Mowers and gas bottles should be emptied: otherwise these and other flammable items need to be carried in your own
Finally, please be ready and organised on the day, to assist us in making your move stress-free.